Livestreaming FRAUD Alert: “Get 150K Likes + 22K Views For Only 53 RMB!”
CCTV+ (Video News Agency) recently reported that there are HUNDREDS of agencies claiming to provide “swiping” services for live streaming events – e.g. fake likes and views on major mainstream platforms.
Each service is clearly marked with a price ranging from tens to hundreds of RMB.
Here’s how it works:
- The reporters were told that an increase of 20K views + 15 human interactions would cost only 53 RMB. In order to prove their ability, the agency shared case studies showing their operations across different platforms in the past.
- The number of views jumped from several hundred to over 10K in just 20 minutes… after the money was wired to the agency of course.
- One hour later, the total number of viewers in the live broadcast room reached 22K+ and the number of likes reached 159K+! During this period “fake users” repeatedly asked questions and posted comments.
- In the next 10 minutes, the number of viewers dropped back down to normal levels.
Some experts claim that only 10% of the millions of “fans” in a live broadcast room are real people, and the remaining 90% of “views” are being generated by machine-based data.